Only Qualified Attorneys
Our commitment and dedication to continually move forward enables us to improve our representation and provide you with a service you can’t find anywhere else.
When buying (or selling) property in Spain, there are several factors that must be taken into consideration. Besides providing comprehensive guidance throughout the process and helping with all the preliminary steps that have to be taken such as obtaining a NIE (fiscal identity number for foreign residents), opening a bank account, etc., our services include:
- First, carrying out ex-ante checks regarding the legal status of the property or plot to be purchased in the Town Hall and the Land Register:
- Who is the owner of the property you are interested in?
- Is the property registered on the Land Registry?
- Is the property free of liabilities or other encumbrances (mortgages, embargoes, etc.)?
- Does the property comply with current town planning laws and has it been granted the corresponding licences by the local authority?
- Studying, preparing, reviewing, translating and signing all the private contracts (reservations, purchase or option to purchase contract, sales contract) or public notarial deeds (preparation and signing thereof) necessary for the purchase to be completed. The usual procedure is, first, to sign a private contract, and then, within a reasonable time period, complete the purchase by signing the public deeds before a notary public.
- Immediately after, the process begins to register the property in the new owner’s name, for which all the fees (notary, land register, etc.) and taxes (property transfer, VAT, stamp duty, etc. depending on each case) must have been paid.
- Finally, to complete the process, the change of names takes place for all the local taxes (local property tax and waste collection), supplies (electricity, water, etc.) and fees (resident’s association) corresponding to the property. If the client so wishes, we can organise for these payments to be made by direct debit from your Spanish bank account, which we will have already opened.
I hope that this information is of use to you, but if you need any clarification please do not hesitate to contact us as we will be delighted to resolve all your queries. Please call us or fill in the form, and we shall contact you immediately.
Best Legal Defence
protect your rights in court.
Only Skilled Attorneys
Strive for Excellence
and court trial victories.
Expertos en Derecho Inmobiliario y Urbanismo
Munduate & Partners es un equipo de abogados y economistas altamente cualificados y especializados, con amplia formación internacional, apoyado por más 20 años de experiencia en consultoría legal y fiscal en la Costa del Sol. Ofrecemos a nuestros clientes un servicio muy personal y de alta calidad, basado en la confianza mutua. Garantizamos eficiencia y calidad en diferentes idiomas y nos centramos sobre todo en las siguientes áreas
– Compra y venta de inmuebles (proceso completo)
– Derecho inmobiliario y de construcción/desarrollo urbanístico
– Consultoría fiscal y empresarial para residentes y no residentes
– Derecho internacional de sucesiones (herencias, testamentos…)
– Derecho mercantil y societario
– Obligaciones y contratos
– Procedimientos judiciales civiles y mercantiles
We bring each client a combination of deep industry knowledge and expert perspectives from other industries on the challenge at stake, to offer our clients fresh perspectives and breakthrough business insights.
We offer our clients fresh perspectives and breakthrough business insights.